It was a short trip, Woodstock, but it was AWESOME! Thank you to the #pdxbookfest organizers, staff, and volunteers, as well as my fellow authors and readers who came to this amazing literary festival! And now for the highlight reel…
1. It was my first time exploring Portland and I have been blown away by what a literary city this is! I went to a Lit Crawl event last night to see @fondalee read from her newest book, JADE CITY, and the venue was packed!!! And then this flashing marquee down the block from my hotel! 💡✨💡✨💡
2. Across from the author check in was this beautiful old building and these vibrant color-changing leaves—gorgeous!!! 🍁
3. I stopped in at @powells for the first time ever and had my best random bookstore experience to date! The place is FULL of books—like, more books than I could have imagined!—and the booksellers were so helpful, and I met a bunch of random readers as I was signing copies of #TheReader and #TheSpeaker, and they were so enthusiastic and wonderful! I had to take one of my instant photos to commemorate the event. 📚📸
4. This mural across from my hotel room window was pretty cool! 🎨 What a lovely piece of art to greet me in the morning.
Aaand that’s a wrap, folks! Thank you to EVERYONE who came out to support me and the #seaofinkandgold books this week. 💕💕💕💕💕 You are wonderful and I am forever grateful!!!
Last night’s event in Pasadena was so incredible!!! 🎉🎉🎉 Thanks to @vromansbookstore for hosting, and to the other authors, friends, and family who came to celebrate the launch of THE SPEAKER with me! 🗣💜
1. Is there anything better than getting to do a panel with your supremely talented friends? 💕 Thanks to @brashbookfor moderating, @jesscluess for having us all in stitches, and @skrutskie for dedicating her forthcoming YA sci-fi, HULLMETAL GIRLS, to the Kung Fu Panda 2 soundtrack. 🎶😂
2. The trees outside my hotel window reminded me of Sefia’s Oxscinian forests from THE READER! 🌳🌳🌳
3. Orchids are my favorite flowers, so when I saw these pristine beauties I just had to snap a photo!
4. The whole night was wonderful, but one of the best parts was having my 92-year-old great aunt come out to celebrate with me! She is so incredible and a huge inspiration, so seeing her there in the audience really made the event even more special. ❤️
Thanks again to the booksellers, readers, and loved ones who made this night one I’ll treasure forever!!!! 💖💜💖
A HUGE thank you to Mysterious Galaxy, @cindypon, @jesscluess, and all the friends, family, and readers who came out to see us last night!
1. 🌅 San Diego showed up in the most beautiful fashion, with this view of the sunset from my hotel window.
2. I met this amazing reader and artist, Vianey, who painted three incredible fan art portraits for WANT, THE READER, and A SHADOW BRIGHT AND BURNING.
3. Breakfast arrived this morning with a lovely flower! 🌹
4. And I got to see some incredible friends from #PitchWars 2014, Natasha Heck and Danielle Amato!
Thank you again for a lovely (and hilarious) event! 🙌🏼🙌🏼😂😂😂📚
Some of the highlights from last night’s launch party for #TheSpeaker at Kepler’s Books with @tarasimauthor! Featuring…
1. Our excitement at seeing our books sharing a stand together!
2. Beautiful flowers from Delicate Daisy in San Francisco! 🌺
3. Custom #seaofinkandgold chocolate truffles in cardamom coffee and guava flavors!!!
4. Amazing Kelannan food, like these Delienean forest mushroom bites!
5. Great friends for whom I am so grateful!
Thanks again to everyone who came to celebrate with me! 🎉🍾🎉🍾🎉
Happy launch day, little book! 🎈 You were the most ornery creature to write and I was never quite sure until the end that I could write you at all, but here we are! 💜 Please go into the world, find the readers who need you most, and give them all my best. 💕💕💕
Have you picked up your new friend #TheSpeaker yet? I hope you do!
💜✨ The Speaker enters the world tomorrow, so here is your final QUOTE REVEAL! ✨💜
“What a life they’d have. A life of salt and gunpowder. Of friendship and love and boundless horizons.” 💕🌊
I’ve got just the thing to get you excited for #TheSpeaker, out in 4 days!! 🎶 THE SPEAKER PLAYLIST IS HERE.
Only 5 days left before THE SPEAKER enters the world!
“I hated him, and I loved him, and I killed him.” ❤️💀